During the IEZA's 2012 Annual Board Retreat, the Board approved the following Goals & Objectives for 2012.
GOAL I: Continue to improve communications with all individuals, governments, organizations and businesses related to the Illinois Enterprise Zone Program.
- Objective: Produce electronic IEZA Newsletters & other necessary communications
- Objective: Utilize outside resources to continue the education of Zone Administrators.
- Objective: Maintain and update IEZA website.
- Objective: Maintain centralized comprehensive mail and email lists for membership information, conferences and newsletters. Integrate with online IEZA website.
GOAL II: Continue to broaden awareness of the Illinois Enterprise Zone Program through cooperative efforts with other Economic Development and related organizations.
- Objective: Maintain IEZA web links to websites of IEZA members, DCEO, IDC, ITIA, IML, Illinois State APA and other Enterprise Zone application-related sites (examples: AG Review, Gas Use Tax Exemption, etc.)
GOAL III: Continue to increase membership of Zone Administrators and other categories
- Objective: Maintain contact with each zone administrator by mail and electronic means.
- Objective: Conduct ongoing retention and recruitment efforts.
- Objective: Contact certified businesses and professional member candidates.
GOAL IV: Remain active in the enterprise zone legislative process.
- Objective: Monitor and inform members of legislation affecting zones.
- Objective: Pass Illinois Enterprise Zone Termination Date Extension legislation.
- Objective: Analyze and track policies for impacts and effects on the Illinois Enterprise Zone Act and regulations.
- Objective: Determine additional zone features or changes that could improve the zone program and make recommendations.
- Objective: Contact legislators regarding IEZA's positions on legislation and encourage members to make individual contacts.