The IEZA has released the agenda for the 2009 Annual Fall Conference being held September 9-11, 2009 at the Macomb Hampton Inn in Macomb, IL.
A block of rooms will be held until August 12, 2009. For room reservations, call 309-837-6000 and you are requested to indicate that you are with the IEZA to get the $79 room rate. To find directions to the conference center, go to www.hamptoninn.com.
The following is the agenda for the conference. Changes will be posted at this site. At the bottom of this article are the PDFs of this agenda that you can print out for your convenience.
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
GOLF! WIU-Harry Mussato Golf Course, www.golf.wiu.edu
- Tee Times: 12:30, 12:40, & 12:50 p.m.
Contact Terry Denison at 217-479-4627 or email@example.com
- 6:00 – 8:00 p.m.: Evening Reception
Come gather with your colleagues. Beverages & heavy hors d’oeuvres will be provided.
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Breakfast provided by Hampton Inn.
- 9:00 – 9:15 A.M.: Welcome/Opening Remarks
By: Mayor Wisslead
- 9:15 – 9:45 A.M.: “Enterprise Zone Abatement Affects on School State Aid”
By: James Mathes, ISBE
One-on-one consultation in adjoining board room following tghis session.
- 9:45 – 10:15 A.M.: Displaced Workers EZ Tax Credit & IL Workforce Services
By Blance Shoup, Director of the Workforce Investment Office in Western Illinois (LWIA 14)
- 10:15 – 10:30 A.M.: BREAK
- 10:30 – 11:30 A.M: MAEDCO Enterprise Zone
By: Kim Pierce, Director
- 11:30 – 12:30 P.M.: LUNCH
Provided by IEZA
- 12:45 – 1:00 P.M.: Load Bus Tours
- 1:00 – 5:00 P.M.: Tours
- Pella Corporation-Macomb Operations
- Western Grain Marketing, LLC
- Western Illinois Business & Technology Center
- 6:00 – 8:00 P.M.: Dinner with Cash Bar
Friday, September 11, 2009
Breakfast provided by Hampton Inn
- 9:00 – 10:00 A.M.: What is Prevaiing Wage and when does it Apply?
- 10:00 – 11:00 A.M: Prevailing Wage Legislation
By: Steve McClure, President of Opportunity Alliance, LLC
- 11:00 – 11:30 A.M: IEZA Membership Meeting & Election of Officers
President, VP, Treasurer, Membership Chair-zone Administrators, & DCEO Liaison
If you would like to host a conference in 2010 please advise one of the board members or email Betty at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download Brochure to print your registration form.