During the IEZA’s 2018 Annual Board Retreat, the Board approved the following Goals & Objectives for 2019.
GOAL I: Continue to improve communications with all individuals, governments, organizations and businesses related to the Illinois Enterprise Zone Program.
- Objective: Utilize outside resources to continue the education of Zone Administrators.
- Objective: Maintain and update IEZA Web Site.
- Objective: Maintain centralized comprehensive mail and email lists for membership information, conferences and newsletters. Integrate with online IEZA Web Site.
GOAL II: Continue to broaden awareness of the Illinois Enterprise Zone Program through cooperative efforts with other Economic Development and related organizations.
- Objective: Maintain IEZA web links to web sites of IEZA members, DCEO, IDC, ITIA, IML, Illinois State APA and other Enterprise Zone application-related sites (examples: AG Review, Gas Use Tax Exemption, etc.).
GOAL III: Continue to increase membership of Zone Administrators and other categories.
- Objective: Maintain contact with each zone administrator by mail and electronic means.
- Objective: Conduct ongoing retention and recruitment efforts.
- Objective: Contact certified businesses and professional member candidates.
GOAL IV: Remain active in the enterprise zone legislative process.
- Objective: Monitor and inform members of legislation affecting zones.
- Objective: Analyze and track policies for impacts and effects on the Illinois Enterprise Zone Act and regulations.
- Objective: Determine additional zone features or changes that could improve the zone program and make recommendations.
- Objective: Contact legislators regarding IEZA’s positions on legislation and encourage members to make individual contacts.
GOAL V: Educate zone administrators.
- Objective: Provide continuing education for members through workshops, conferences and web-based content.
- Objective: Conduct survey update related to the zone program and IEZA & member needs.
- Objective: Maintain and update Zone Administrator Manual.
GOAL VI: Improve assessment of successful investment and job creation that utilizes Illinois Enterprise Zone incentives and programs.
- Objective: Evaluate data collection methods and devise reporting methodologies to better reflect Illinois Enterprise Zone economic impacts at the local, regional and statewide levels.
GOAL VII: Conduct evaluation of IEZA By-Laws.
- Objective: Evaluate and make recommendations as needed in order to present any changes for ratification at the fall 2019 Annual Meeting.