SAVE THE DATE!
IEZA 2019 Spring Conference
May 9-10, 2019
Abraham Lincoln Hotel, Springfield, IL
701 East Adams Street, Springfield, IL 62701
Conference code when making a room reservation is – EZA
The IEZA Administrator Manual is now available for download!
Click Here to download the manual!
You will need a member log-in. If you haven’t applied for one, Click Here, fill out the embedded form and one will be sent to you!
For ease of use we have upgraded our new website to accept online payments for dues, conference registration and sponsorship! You can find our payment forms on our Payments Page or you can click on the Payments Menu tab on out front page!
The only way to get access to conference presentations, pictures and other materials is through our “Members Login.” If you haven’t done so, fill out the quick form below to receive your unique credentials!
Create your own user feedback survey
Nucor, a North Carolina-based steel manufacturer, announced Wednesday a $180 million expansion of its Bourbonnais mill, increasing capacity and bringing 50 new jobs to the Kankakee County village.
The plant, located 50 miles south of Chicago and built in 1961, employs 300 workers and produces rebar — a steel rod used in reinforced concrete — along with other steel products for manufacturing and construction.
Click Here for the full story!
December 21, 2016
DeKalb County is on the rise with the opening, expansion and renovation of a variety of businesses in the area!
Congratulations to Paul Borek and the DeKalb Economic Development Team on the great write up and all their success!
Click here to read the full article!
(Revised agenda and brochure attached – as of 5/9/12)
The IEZA has released the agenda for the 2012 Annual Spring Conference being held May 16-18, 2012 at the Hilton Garden Inn, 1301 Avenue of Mid-America, Effingham, IL 62401. Room rate is $89 plus tax. You must indicate you are part of the IEZA Conference when calling for your reservation. Please call 217.540.7777 for reservations.
The brochure has a registration form with costs. Please note that there are RSVPs required for meal events.
The following is the agenda for the conference. Changes will be posted at this site. At the bottom of this article is the PDF of this agenda that you can print out for your convenience. All sessions are subject to change.
Wednesday, May 16, 2012
Thursday, May 17, 2012
- 9:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.: Welcome and Opening Remarks
Craig Coil, IEZA President
Honorable Merv Gillenwater, Mayor – City of Effingham
- 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.: Spotlight on Effingham
Learn about all of the Zone activity and development in Effingham, the “Crossroads of Opportunity”
Todd Hull, Economic Development Director, Effingham Enterprise Zone Administrator
- 10:30 a.m. to 10:45 a.m.: BREAK
- 10:45 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.: State to State Business Tax Comparisons
John F. Gremer, Partner – State and Local Tax
KPMG – Chicago
- 12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.: LUNCH / BREAK
Growing Illinois Marketing Initiative Overview
Janet Mathis, Executive Director, Renew Moline
- 1:30 p.m. to 2:45 p.m.: Boundary Amendment Case Study
Archer Daniels Midland Rail Yard and Intermodal Facility
Project Background and Overview, Benedetto (Ben) Guido, VIA RAIL Logistics, LLC
Enterprise Zone Boundary Amendment Process
Craig Coil, EDC of Decatur and Macon County
- 2:45 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.: BREAK
- 3:00 p.m. to 4:15 p.m.: Boundary Amendment Case Study, TCI Manufacturing and Equipment Sales, Inc.
Hear how TCI worked with local officials on a boundary expansion to the Zone and incorporated new taxing districts into a new property tax abatement agreement. Mike Maynard, President, TCI Manufacturing
- 4:15 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.: Open Forum
At the request of many members, this is an open topic session where program experts can answer general questions about zone operations and application processes.
- 5:00 p.m. to ???: Dinner (On Your Own)
IEZA and the Effingham Convention and Visitors Bureau will provide suggestions at the conference.
Friday, May 18, 2012
- 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.: Breakfast Buffet
- 9:00 a.m. to 9:45 a.m.: Legislative Update
Update on the Enterprise Zone termination date extension legislation and related items of interest to all IEZA members
Craig Coil, IEZA President
John Thompson, Legislative Chairman
- 9:45 a.m. to 10:45 a.m.:Open Discussion
Learn about and discuss how zones across the state implement accountability and performance standards for Zone projects.
- Topics will include:
- Pre-Development Agreements
- Clawback Agreements
- Local Enterprise Zone Abatement Processes.
John “Jamie” Boyd, Kankakee County States Attorney and IEZA Presenters
- 10:45 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.: BREAK
- 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.: Illinois’ Competitive Edge from a Site Selectors Perspective
Matthew Adams, Real Estate & Location Strategy Practice, Deloitte Consulting, LLP, Chicago
- 12:00 p.m. to 12:15 p.m.: IEZA Board/Business Meeting
2012 Spring Conference Brochure (revised 5/9/12)686.69 KB
The IEZA has released the agenda for the 2010 Annual Spring Conference & Administrator’s Training Conference being held May 5-7, 2010 at Jumers in Rock Island, IL.
A block of rooms will be held until April 16, 2010. For room reservations, call 800-477-7747 and you are requested to indicate that you are with the IEZA to get the $84 room rate. To find directions to the conference center, click here.
The following is the agenda for the conference. Changes will be posted at this site. At the bottom of this article are the PDFs of this agenda that you can print out for your convenience. All sessions are subject to change.
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
- Noon to 5:00 P.M. Greenfield Tour
Contact John Thompson @ 815-284-3361 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- 6:30 P.M. Conference Opening Reception
Celebrate Cinco De Mayo with your IEZA colleagues, enjoy a “South of the Border” menu and hosted bar.
TENTATIVE SCHEDULE – Thursday, May 6, 2010
- 7:30 – 9:00 P.M.: Full Breakfast Provided
Sponsored by KPMG
- 8:00 – 9:00 A.M.: Registration
- 9:00 – 9:15 A.M.: Welcome/Opening Remarks
- 9:15 – 10:30 A.M.: Review of 2010 IEZA Administrator’s Handbook
- 10:30 – 10:45 A.M.: Break
- 10:45-11:30 A.M.: Best Practices
How to write an application.
- 11:30 A.M. – 1:00 P.M.: Lunch
Sponsored by MidAmerican Energy
Luncheon Speaker: Stephanie Acri Stephanie Acri, owner of Evans Premium Manufacturing
- 1:00 – 1:15 P.M. Break
- 1:15 – 2:15 P.M.: Panel Presentation/Discussion:
Moderator: Sally Heffernan, Special Projects Manager, City of Rock Island
Panel: Vicki Miller, Blackhawk college, Small Business Development Center Donna Mortiz, Financial Services Director, Bi-State Regional Commission Mary Chappell, Programs Development Coordinator, City of Rock Island
- 2:30 – 4:30 P.M.: Bus Tour of Entrepreneurial Business
- 4:30 – 5:30: Reception
“Blue Cat Brew Pub” and a Tour of Rock Island’s $10 Million Mississippi riverfront park scheduled for completion in June.
- 6:30 P.M.: Dinner Jumer’s Casino, Rock Island
Provided by IEZA
Friday, May 7, 2010
- 8:30 – 9:30 A.M.: Continental Breakfast
- 9:00 – 10:15 A.M.: Doing Business with Government
Do you know about HUB zones? Federal, state and local governments award billion of contracts annually. Discover how you can assist your small business in competing for government contracts.
Founders of Spirit Partners/Mandus Group in Rock Island established in 2005, these companies are experienced government contractors and provide consulting services to a wide variety of commercial business seeking government contracts.
Vicki Miller is the coordinator of the Illinois Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) at Blackhawk Community College.
- 10:15 – 11:00 A.M.: Legislative Update Senate Bill-3659 & More
SB-3659 seeks to extend the term of the Illinois Enterprise Zone Program for an additional twenty (20) years.
- 11:00 A.M.: IEZA Membership Meeting
2010 Spring Conference Brochure & Agenda 142.37 Kb
Blanche Shoup, Executive Director of LWIA Area #14 presented on “Displaced Workers EZ Tax Credit & Illinois Workforce Services” at the Fall IEZA Conference held September 9, 10 & 11 in Macomb, Illinois. Shoup’s presentation included current mapping and contact information for all LWIA districts across the State of Illinois.
Click on map for larger image.
The complete list of contacts is located …. (to come).
The IEZA has released the agenda for the 2009 Annual Fall Conference being held September 9-11, 2009 at the Macomb Hampton Inn in Macomb, IL.
A block of rooms will be held until August 12, 2009. For room reservations, call 309-837-6000 and you are requested to indicate that you are with the IEZA to get the $79 room rate. To find directions to the conference center, go to www.hamptoninn.com.
The following is the agenda for the conference. Changes will be posted at this site. At the bottom of this article are the PDFs of this agenda that you can print out for your convenience.
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
GOLF! WIU-Harry Mussato Golf Course, www.golf.wiu.edu
- Tee Times: 12:30, 12:40, & 12:50 p.m.
Contact Terry Denison at 217-479-4627 or email@example.com
- 6:00 – 8:00 p.m.: Evening Reception
Come gather with your colleagues. Beverages & heavy hors d’oeuvres will be provided.
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Breakfast provided by Hampton Inn.
- 9:00 – 9:15 A.M.: Welcome/Opening Remarks
By: Mayor Wisslead
- 9:15 – 9:45 A.M.: “Enterprise Zone Abatement Affects on School State Aid”
By: James Mathes, ISBE
One-on-one consultation in adjoining board room following tghis session.
- 9:45 – 10:15 A.M.: Displaced Workers EZ Tax Credit & IL Workforce Services
By Blance Shoup, Director of the Workforce Investment Office in Western Illinois (LWIA 14)
- 10:15 – 10:30 A.M.: BREAK
- 10:30 – 11:30 A.M: MAEDCO Enterprise Zone
By: Kim Pierce, Director
- 11:30 – 12:30 P.M.: LUNCH
Provided by IEZA
- 12:45 – 1:00 P.M.: Load Bus Tours
- 1:00 – 5:00 P.M.: Tours
- Pella Corporation-Macomb Operations
- Western Grain Marketing, LLC
- Western Illinois Business & Technology Center
- 6:00 – 8:00 P.M.: Dinner with Cash Bar
Friday, September 11, 2009
Breakfast provided by Hampton Inn
- 9:00 – 10:00 A.M.: What is Prevaiing Wage and when does it Apply?
- 10:00 – 11:00 A.M: Prevailing Wage Legislation
By: Steve McClure, President of Opportunity Alliance, LLC
- 11:00 – 11:30 A.M: IEZA Membership Meeting & Election of Officers
President, VP, Treasurer, Membership Chair-zone Administrators, & DCEO Liaison
If you would like to host a conference in 2010 please advise one of the board members or email Betty at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download Brochure to print your registration form.
IEZA 2009 Fall Conference Brochure 93.60 Kb