The IEZA has released the agenda for the 2010 Annual Spring Conference & Administrator’s Training Conference being held May 5-7, 2010 at Jumers in Rock Island, IL.
A block of rooms will be held until April 16, 2010. For room reservations, call 800-477-7747 and you are requested to indicate that you are with the IEZA to get the $84 room rate. To find directions to the conference center, click here.
The following is the agenda for the conference. Changes will be posted at this site. At the bottom of this article are the PDFs of this agenda that you can print out for your convenience. All sessions are subject to change.
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
- Noon to 5:00 P.M. Greenfield Tour
Contact John Thompson @ 815-284-3361 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- 6:30 P.M. Conference Opening Reception
Celebrate Cinco De Mayo with your IEZA colleagues, enjoy a “South of the Border” menu and hosted bar.
TENTATIVE SCHEDULE – Thursday, May 6, 2010
- 7:30 – 9:00 P.M.: Full Breakfast Provided
Sponsored by KPMG
- 8:00 – 9:00 A.M.: Registration
- 9:00 – 9:15 A.M.: Welcome/Opening Remarks
- 9:15 – 10:30 A.M.: Review of 2010 IEZA Administrator’s Handbook
- 10:30 – 10:45 A.M.: Break
- 10:45-11:30 A.M.: Best Practices
How to write an application.
- 11:30 A.M. – 1:00 P.M.: Lunch
Sponsored by MidAmerican Energy
Luncheon Speaker: Stephanie Acri Stephanie Acri, owner of Evans Premium Manufacturing
- 1:00 – 1:15 P.M. Break
- 1:15 – 2:15 P.M.: Panel Presentation/Discussion:
Moderator: Sally Heffernan, Special Projects Manager, City of Rock Island
Panel: Vicki Miller, Blackhawk college, Small Business Development Center Donna Mortiz, Financial Services Director, Bi-State Regional Commission Mary Chappell, Programs Development Coordinator, City of Rock Island
- 2:30 – 4:30 P.M.: Bus Tour of Entrepreneurial Business
- 4:30 – 5:30: Reception
“Blue Cat Brew Pub” and a Tour of Rock Island’s $10 Million Mississippi riverfront park scheduled for completion in June.
- 6:30 P.M.: Dinner Jumer’s Casino, Rock Island
Provided by IEZA
Friday, May 7, 2010
- 8:30 – 9:30 A.M.: Continental Breakfast
- 9:00 – 10:15 A.M.: Doing Business with Government
Do you know about HUB zones? Federal, state and local governments award billion of contracts annually. Discover how you can assist your small business in competing for government contracts.
Founders of Spirit Partners/Mandus Group in Rock Island established in 2005, these companies are experienced government contractors and provide consulting services to a wide variety of commercial business seeking government contracts.
Vicki Miller is the coordinator of the Illinois Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) at Blackhawk Community College.
- 10:15 – 11:00 A.M.: Legislative Update Senate Bill-3659 & More
SB-3659 seeks to extend the term of the Illinois Enterprise Zone Program for an additional twenty (20) years.
- 11:00 A.M.: IEZA Membership Meeting